Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow Day

Today was supposed to be my first day of classes. I was excited, got ready and headed off. After topping up my tube pass I jumped on the Piccadilly line to North campus. To my surprise, when I arrived I was told that classes were cancelled today do to the adverse conditions. I was shocked. It is snowing in London today and apparently they haven't seen snow likes this in 7 years--a local man informed us. London is beside itself, they don't know what to do. Half of the cities transportation is shut down and the people don't know what to do. We a saw a man clearing his walkway with a broom. We were told that the snow doens't usually stick and stay in London. Right now I would say they have just a couple of inches really, maybe 2 or 3, but I have always been terrible at estimating it. Nevertheless it is nothing by Wisconsin standards. So I guess I have one more day to realx.

Oh and tacks here are not the same. Tack is actually sticking blue adhesive, we think they call tacks push pins....I confused the a store owner today when I didn't know really what else to call them.

No comments:

Post a Comment